Monday, June 17, 2024

Sofia Vergara revealed that Jennifer Aniston helped her with her new role

Sofia Vergara acted as "The Cocaine Godmother" Griselda Blanco in the Netflix miniseries.

She told at a Netflix FYSEE event in Los Angeles, "I don't want to say that I have things that are similar with [Griselda], but there [are], because I [am] a woman, Colombian mother, single mother, an immigrant."

"There were many similarities. And so I kind of understood that. But it was so much work to get the whole project going," Sofia explained.

"The last three months before shooting, I was like, 'How am I going to do this? I need to find somebody to help me with the lines?'

"I knew there was no way that I was going to learn how to act in three months.

"So I was like, at least somebody to help me understand every scene because of the English. Sometimes I have a lot of problems.

"And so I thought, 'What actors that I love have been doing comedy and are now doing drama?.

"So I found the person that helped… Jennifer Aniston."

"And so I started meeting with her on Zoom because it was the pandemic and all that. And so she would help me like not to like act, but to start feeling everything that I was supposed to feel in every scene".

"And then Andy [Andres Baiz], the director, was the one in charge of teaching me the bad stuff, like to smoke, come to my house, the cocaine, the crack, all of that."

"I don't know where he learned that [she laughs]. But it came out good. Imagine at 50 to learn to do all those things."

"We were lucky because there were six episodes and they were kind of written already.

"So we started in order, which helped me amazingly. If you saw the series, she starts changing and getting crazier and crazier and crazier".

"I couldn't transform exactly into her because it would have taken forever. So what I wanted to do was Gloria Pritchett and me to disappear so that people wouldn't think of [them]."


No comments:

Jennifer Aniston almost didn't get into the Emmys 2024

Jennifer Aniston almost didn't get into the Emmys 2024 because her ticket couldn't be scan through security for two minutes. Onlook...